- Better connections and sustainable travel options for pedestrians, cyclists, motorists, bus and train customers
- A reliable 40-minute bus and train trip between Botany Town Centre and Britomart (saving 20 minutes)
- 12km of safe and separated walking and cycling routes
- 5km of busway between Pakuranga and Botany fully separated from other traffic
- 5 new bus stations with quality facilities
- Reeves Road Flyover reducing vehicle congestion around Pakuranga Town Centre
By 2028 the busway will carry 18,000 passengers per day, more than four times the 3,700 bus passengers per day before Covid-19. By 2048 it is expected to increase to 24,000 passengers per day.